Add Confection Perfection
Monin Caramel Sauce is a decadent addition to desserts, ice cream, cocoa and coffee drinks.
MONIN CARAMEL PRALINE FRENCH TOAST
1 cup whole milk or half-and-half
4 large eggs
1/2 cup Monin Praline Syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 to 8 (1/2-inch) slices brioche, challah bread or Texas toast
4 tablespoons butter
Monin Caramel Sauce
2 1/2 cups pecan halves
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, Monin Praline Syrup, and salt. You may do this the night before. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick sauté pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
4. Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices. Serve immediately with Monin Caramel Sauce and candied pecans
6. Candied Pecans
7. Put pecans and oil in a flat baking pan; stir until pecans are coated. Roast in 300° oven 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool.
8. Combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, and water in a saucepan; cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Boil until sugar turns medium amber in color (236°F on a candy thermometer).
9. Remove from heat; blend in vanilla. Add pecans and stir until mixture is creamy. Turn out onto waxed paper and use a fork to separate pecans.
- 17.84 Ounces
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save